MINISTER’S RENEWAL WEEKEND
Friday & Saturday, June 5-6, 2015
You are committed to feeding your people spiritually every week – but who feeds you? Let’s face it, ministry can be a demanding, draining, and even lonely job. Wouldn’t it be great if there were a place where you could get away to get your batteries recharged?
Good news! This year we are launching the Minister’s Renewal Weekend. This retreat is designed to be a resource to those of you who are on the front lines of the kingdom of God.
- It is an opportunity to hear from some outstanding presenters, who will provide practical insights and resources that you can carry back to your congregation.
- It will include open forums where you can draw on their years of experience by posing your toughest ministry questions.
- It is a relaxing retreat where you can enjoy revitalization and renewal in a safe, secure environment.
- It is a gathering of like-minded colleagues, where you can spend time with others who understand the challenges you face. Come as colleagues – leave as friends!
Who are the presenters?
- Leon Barnes,Senior Minister for the Central church of Christ in Little Rock, Arkansas
- Willie Ray Hill, Ministering Evangelist, Airport Church of Christ, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Phil Thompson, Director of the Center for Preaching, Harding University
- Dan Williams,Vice-President for Church Relations, Harding University
How much does it cost? The registration fee is only $60, which includes three meals (dinner on Friday, breakfast & lunch on Saturday), overnight lodging in comfortable Keller Dormitory, and all program materials.
The lodging is based on double-occupancy of a two bedroom, shared bath suite. You’ll need to bring your own linens.
We encourage your congregation to include your registration fee in their budget for next year as an investment in your ministry!
What is the schedule? We have a weekend packed with useful presentations, along with times for relaxing fellowship with your colleagues from around the state. Here is the schedule:
FRIDAY, JUNE 5:
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Check-In / Registration / Welcome
6:30 p.m. DINNER with message of welcome from Dan Williams.
7:30 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. CLASS PRESENTATION #1: “Continuing My Spiritual Growth” –
8:15 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. FORUM: Question & Answer time with Leon Barnes
9:00 p.m. Adjourn to Dorm Commons Area for Refreshments & Fellowship
SATURDAY, JUNE 6:
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. BREAKFAST
8:30 a.m. MORNING DEVOTIONAL / “Preach the Word!” – Willie Ray Hill
9:00 a.m. CLASS PRESENTATION #2 “Help! It’s Saturday Night, and No Sermon In Sight” – Phil Thompson
9:45 a.m. BREAK
10 a.m. CLASS PRESENTATION #3 “Help! It’s Saturday Night, and No Sermon In Sight,” Part 2 – Phil Thompson
11 a.m. FORUM: Question & Answer time with Leon Barnes, Phil Thompson, & Dan Williams
Noon LUNCH with send-off Message from Dan Williams
How do I register? Contact Teresa Castleman by email at email@example.com or by phone at 501-279-4449.
The MINISTER’S RENEWAL WEEKEND is co-sponsored by the Central Church of Christ in Little Rock and the Office of Church Relations at Harding University.
Please send your submissions for PreacherStuff directly to Dr. Dan Williams — DWilliams@Harding.edu